Let’s face it, there’s no standard way to make eggs. Anybody with the right tools, ingredients, and basic know-how can prepare eggs for breakfast. If you’re not familiar with professional egg recipes, breath easy as we’ve prepared a comprehensive list of 10 Easy Ways To Cook Eggs to prove how fun it is.
10 Easy Egg Cooking Ways
Let’s start by discussing how to prepare finger-licking fried eggs. Here are the different ways to cook eggs.
1. Over Hard Eggs
Experts recommend over hard eggs as they constitute higher calories of at least 100. To prepare these eggs, start by carefully melting the butter in a skillet up to medium temperature. Break the egg(s) into butter, add salt and stir thoroughly.
Let the egg fry for between 35-45 seconds before you flip it. You must allow the second side of the egg to cook longer during frying. If you’re easily nauseated, ensure you poke the yolk so that it cooks fully.
Unlike over medium, these eggs cook all through and are hence not runny.
2. Over Medium Eggs
As the name suggests, over medium eggs don’t cook long; they usually cook in 6 minutes. All you need to prepare these eggs are salt, oil/butter, and ground black pepper(optional). Kindly start by melting the butter on a pan for at least 1.5 minutes.
Add salt, then crack the egg into the butter or oil and let it cook for a while. Fry one side for at least 2 minutes before they flip the other side. Once the egg whites are fully cooked flip the other side and let it cook for 2 minutes as well. For over medium eggs, the yolk should not be as liquid as the over-easy eggs.
You can use a spatula to serve the egg onto a plate once the egg whites fully cook. If you want an unforgettable breakfast, serve the eggs together with a burger, pizza, or pasta.
3. Over Easy Eggs
If you prefer under-fried eggs, over easy eggs suit you best as you make them in 4 minutes. To prepare these eggs, begin by melting the butter or heating the cooking oil in a frying pan. Add a reasonable amount of salt and pepper then crack the eggs with the butter.
Fry the egg at a temperature of under 50 degrees Celsius for 2 minutes before you flip the egg. Ensure that the edges of the eggs cook long enough to turn brownish. The second side of the egg must not cook for more than 20 seconds so that the yolk is still runny.
Over easy eggs are best served with minced beef, fried potatoes
4. Scrambled Eggs
The surest way to start your day on a high note is to have scrambled eggs for breakfast. Dieticians across the world recommend a scrambled egg as it’s not only highly nutritional but also delicious.
If you do a simple Google search you won’t believe how many stirred eggs recipes are out there. Therefore, we’ve opted to give you the simplest and most recommendable cooking method.
- Crack some eggs and place them in a bowl. Whisk the eggs thoroughly until you mix the egg white and yolk properly.
- Add either water or milk to the beaten eggs and whisk the mixture well. Keep whisking until the yellow mixture becomes fully even.
- Slosh the egg mixture on a preheated pan and allow it to cook for 15-20 seconds.
5. Sunny Side Up Eggs
Why the unique name? Well, we call them Sunny side up eggs as the cooked egg’s shape looks like the morning sun. Now that the secret is out, let’s see the best cooking method.
- Begin by heating oil in a stainless-steel skillet at medium temperature for 5 minutes.
- Break your eggs in a small dish then pour them into the skillet.
- Cover your skillet with a lid and let your eggs cook for 2 minutes
- Serve the cooked eggs onto a plate and season them with salt
6. Poached Eggs
Poached eggs contain more nutrients such as Vitamin A, saturated fat, and zinc than fried and boiled eggs. That explains why many health experts recommend them. Let’s give you a step-by-step guide on how to prepare these eggs.
- Boil some water in a medium-sized pot for 3-5 minutes. Add a little salt and let the water heat up to a boiling point. Lower the temperature as soon as the water boils.
- Crack the eggs in a cup
- Use a cooking spoon to carefully stir the water in the pot. Kindly stir gently to avoid splashing the hot water on yourself.
- Add the cracked eggs into the pot as the tornado formed by stirring moves. This circular motion will ensure the eggs remain together during cooking. You ought to add vinegar if your eggs don’t stay together as they should.
- Let the eggs cook for a maximum of3 minutes then remove them using an absinthe spoon.
Are you planning to invite some friends over for brunch? Don’t worry as you can poach more than one egg at a time. However, it’s best that you poach a maximum of 5 eggs at once so that they cook properly.
7. Hard Boiled Eggs
Hard boiled eggs are much easier to peel than soft coddled ones. The recipe of these eggs may explain why it’s easy to peel them. Here’s how to prepare these eggs.
Add some water to a cooking pot then place your eggs in it. Ensure that the cold covers the raw eggs fully by at least 1.5 inches.
Gently place the pot on the fire and let the eggs boil for 3-5 minutes. After that turn off the fire and let the pot remain covered for 10-15 minutes. The longer the eggs remain in the hot water the paler the yolk will be.
Remove the fully boiled eggs from the pot using a slotted spoon and place them in cold water. Eat your hard-cooked eggs within 2 days or refrigerate them lest they go bad.
8. Soft Boiled Eggs
Nutritionists can agree that there’s no better pick-me-up than soft-boiled eggs. All you need are eggs and water and you’ll have your breakfast ready in minutes. Here’s a chef-approved recipe for making the tastiest dippy eggs.
- Boil some water in a pot for a minimum of 5 minute
- Put the boiling water in a saucepot and dip your unbroken eggs in it. Ensure you cover your uncracked eggs properly to cook for at most 15 minutes.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl containing cold water to end the cooking process. Tap the cooked eggs gently and peel them for eating.
- Add some salt to the peeled eggs and enjoy your unforgettable breakfast.
9. Baked Eggs
If you’ve ever tasted baked eggs, you can’t dispute the fact that they’re incredibly appetizing. To burst your bubble, very few people know the right way to make these eggs. Count yourself lucky as we’ll share a chef-approved recipe to follow.
- Preheat your microwave to at least 170 degrees Celsius.
- Spray your muffin with an approved cooking spray to grease it.
- Break your eggs into the muffin tin.
- Season the eggs with pepper and salt.
- Bake your eggs for a maximum of 15 minutes
If you prefer a runny yolk, it’s best that you bake the eggs for 10 minutes. If you forget to grease the tin, the eggs are bound to stick on it, making serving difficult.
10. Basted Eggs
If you’ve ever eaten an over-hard egg, you can attest that it clogs up one’s mouth immensely, especially as you chew. To avoid this, you need to consider basted eggs as the yolk is liquid hence easy to chew. My aim is to help you fully understand how to prepare them.
- Heat 1.5 tablespoons of oil or butter in a stainless- steel skillet at medium temperature.
- Crack your egg into a small cup such as a stainless-steel cup.
- Transfer the eggs into the hot skillet and add salt and pepper
- Let the eggs cook for between 30-50 seconds.
- Once the edges of the egg turn white, you can baste by adding hot butter to the cooking eggs.
- Cover the hot skillet to allow your eggs to cook further.
- Keep basting for an extra 2 minutes till the yolk hardens a little.
1. Are There Health Risks Of Eating Over Hard Eggs?
No, they aren’t! Expectedly, health experts recommend over-hard eggs to over easy eggs for health reasons. Eating undercooked eggs can predispose you to infections such as Salmonella. The longer you fry an egg the more you kill any bacteria in it.
2. Is It Easier To Prepare Soft-Boiled Eggs Or Over Easy Eggs?
Technically, it’s much easier and cheaper to make an easy egg than a soft-boiled egg. Remember that you’ll have to boil the water first to make a boiled egg. Conversely, you only need to melt butter or cooking fat to cook your fried egg.
3. Which Ingredients Do I Need To Prepare Scrambled Eggs?
Most reputable chefs strongly advise you to consider at most 5 fundamental ingredients. These are:
- Water or Milk
- Cooking oil or butter
4. What’s The Stirred Eggs Recipe?
To prepare you 4 ingredients namely:
- Crack your eggs and beat them fully using a stainless-steel whisk.
- Heat oil in a cooking pan and add one teaspoon of salt
- Pour the eggs and cook them at an average temperature
- Ensure that the eggs are at the center of the frying pan
- Serve the cooked eggs
5. How Do I Prepare An Omelet?
The recipe depends on the type of omelet you’d like to make. American-style, Souffle and French-style omelet recipes differ immensely. Let’s take you through a standard omelet cooking method.
- Preheat your omelet pan at medium temperatures.
- Beat a few eggs in a bowl and whisk them rigorously for 30 seconds.
- Add a teaspoon of salt and stir the mixture
- Add butter to the pan and let it melt and heat up for 30-50 seconds.
- Pour your beaten eggs into the pan and swirl the omelet pan
- Let the omelet cook for 1 minute before removing the omelet pan from the heat source.
- Once you shape the omelet serve it with bacon, vegetables, or sausage (or any other side dish you please)